Tuesday, 3 November 2015

IrresistibleMe Hair Extensions - Review w/ Before & After pics


You probably all know by now that I am not a hair person. I love makeup, shopping, fashion but when it comes to my hair.. I am extremely lazy. My normal hair care routine is to shampoo and condition my hair, brush it when I get out of the shower and that's about it. So when IrresistibleMe reached out and asked if I wanted to try some hair extensions I decided to step out of my comfort zone and give it a try!*

When the package came in the mail I was really happy with how they packaged the extensions. It came in a FedEx bag with a small box inside of it. Inside the box there was a small bag with 2 individual sides. One side had one clip of hair and the rest of the hair was in the other side that was sealed. Basically you are meant to test the side that has 1 clip in it to determine if the colour shade is a match. If it is you can unseal the other side, otherwise you are meant to keep the other side sealed and send the extensions back. Please note if you open the seals you will not be able to return the extensions so please be careful!





I decided to pick 24" (200g) Royal Remi hair in the shade Medium Brown. Now my hair is actually quite a bit lighter than the Medium Brown shade and I probably could of gone with Light Brown in the end but it matched decently enough and I found it gave me more dimension in my hair to have it a few shades darker than my normal hair. 

The box came with 10 pieces: 1 x (4 clip), 2 x (3 clip), 5 x (2 clip), 2 x (1 clip). Now I did notice that on one of my 3 clip pieces one of the claps didn't actually work. Now they do provide replacement clasps in the bottom of the box but I still am not sure how to replace it, although I'm sure I can find a video on how to do this. Other than that the extensions were in great shape. I have had no shedding of hair and they were very easy to curl and have lasted the curl for a couple uses now without falling out.

One thing to note with new extension wearers is that if you have thick hair you may need to go to the hair stylist to thin out your hear before you can wear extensions (which did happen to me). If you are only looking to add volume using the extensions this may not be a problem but if your looking for length (like me) then it may be an issue. To avoid this you can also curl your natural hair in with the extensions and it will hide it much easier.
BEFORE
AFTER
To actually apply the extensions most people will tease at the roots of the hair to make the extensions last longer. I have not needed to do this personally, but my extensions stay in throughout the whole day without falling out. I really enjoy not only keeping my hair down curled with the extensions in but also wearing them up in a pony tail looks really nice and makes my ponytail much more voluminous. It only takes around 5-10 minutes to place all the pieces of hair which is a dream! You can also pre-style these extensions so it saves time in the long run! 

Overall I really like these extensions and they did surprise me by how easy and quick it was to put them in. My hair feels so much more voluminous and long and it gives you the variety of keeping your own natural hair or kicking it up a notch with some huge volume and length! I would recommend these extensions to anyone looking to add some volume or length to their hair without having it be a permanent solution! 

I plan on in the future actually dip dying these extensions with fun neon colours so that I can have the dip dye experience without having to bleach my natural hair. If you would like a tutorial on this please let me know in the comments below.

I would also like to do some tutorials on how I put in these extensions for normal curled hair and also how to put them in a ponytail! Please let me know if there is anything else you'd like to see in the comments below and I will make sure to do them. 


* Irrisistable Me has sent me these hair extensions for review. I was not paid by the company to do this review, and I was asked to give my honest opinion. All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-51663625-1