Sunday, 9 November 2014

MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighters - Review + Comparison

Hello everyone! I am sure some of you have seen my previous reviews on the Makeup Academy (MUA) Undress Your Skin Highlighters. I am a huge fan of these highlighters and wear them every single day. I decided to make a video where I review each of the products separately, and share with you which one I prefer better (Original / Iridescent Gold).


These highlighters can be purchased from your local Superdrug or the MUA/Superdrug website. The highlighters retail for £3 each which is quite the bargain considering the amount of product that you receive (double that of a Nars blush). The highlighters come in two shades, the newest being Iridescent Gold and the older version (which is unnamed) Original.

Both of these blushes are amazing quality and have very good pigmentation. You only need the tiniest amount to really make your cheekbones glow. I have used the Original highlighter since it's release and I have not even hit pan. My favourite way to use this highlighter is to use my ELF Angled Blush Brush. I just apply a small amount on the brush and angle it sideways, making a diagonal line on my upper cheekbones.

If you own a shimmery pink blush with a golden shimmer the Iridescent Gold shade is the perfect complimentary highlighter. My favourite blush to wear this highlighter with is my NARS Orgasm blush (a great drugstore dupe is Rose Gold from Sleek), which is exactly what I wore on my wedding day! I love the highlight that both the blush and highlighter give together and it really makes you look like you are glowing (which is exactly what you want on your wedding day!).

Cheeks: Nars Orgasm Blush + MUA Iridescent Gold Highlighter
The Original shade is great for anyone who doesn't have very pale skin. I find that since I am very pale the highlighter shows up very pink on my skintone. I prefer not to use this highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones (where I would normally put my highlighter) but instead put it on the very top part of my blush so that even though it does have a pink shimmer, it blends in with my blush but still gives me a nice highlighted effect.

In my opinion I think the Iridescent Gold is much more versatile than the Original highlighting shade. I have been wearing it every day since I purchased it and I definitely reach for it over the Original shade. I feel like the Iridescent Gold would look great amongst more skin tones (especially those of you with a tan, this highlighter would look amazing!). 

I would love to know your thoughts on which highlighter you think you would prefer best, so please leave me down in the comments which you think you would reach for in the store! Also if you have tried either of these highlighters, what are your thoughts on them, and how would you rate them amongst other highlighters you have tried? Please leave me your answers down in the comments as I love reading them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-51663625-1