Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate (Matte + Normal) Review/Swatches

This has been a much overdue blog post on one of my favourite drugstore lipsticks the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate lipstick range! The lipstick retails for £5.49 at your local Boots or Superdrug (drugstore). I have mentioned these lipsticks in a lot of my YouTube videos as well as my Top 5 Under £5 and the Lip Product Addict Tag where I have explained how much I love these lipsticks and I think that it is time to give them their own special in-depth review!
Left - Normal Formula in shade 16, Right - Matte Formula in shade 101
The Rimmel Lasting Finish lipsticks by Kate come in two different formulations which are a normal lipstick finish and also a matte version. You can tell which lipsticks are matte and which are normal by the packaging which I think is great. The matte formulated lipsticks come in the red packaging and the normal lipsticks come in the black packaging. The packaging also contains the Kate signature which I think gives it a cute girly touch, as well as a Rimmel Logo engrave on the slanted top of the lipstick tube.

The colour selection for each formulation is not the greatest but they do offer some great shades. The matte formulation comes in 5 different colours, and the normal lipstick formula comes in 11 different colours. The lipsticks do not have separate names to tell them apart but instead use the number system in order to tell colours from each other. The label on the bottom of the packaging is also coloured so you can tell which lipstick you are grabbing, but other than that there is no way to tell without opening up the lipstick tube. Because of this I like to stack these lipsticks upside down in my DIY Lipstick Holder which I also have a blog post on.
Left - Normal Formula in shade 16, Right - Matte Formula in shade 101
The formulation of the matte lipstick is slightly drier than the normal finish lipsticks but I do not find it overly drying. I have quite sensitive lips and I have tried some matte lipsticks (Makeup Academy Matte Lipsticks) that have really been so drying that they physically hurt my lips, but these lipsticks do not do that at all. I love pairing a gloss over the top of the shade I have in 101, especially my Maybelline ColorSensational Lip Gloss in Pink Shock to give it a little shine. The lasting finish lipsticks are much smoother and glide on the lips very easily. Both of these formulas last on the lips for around 4-5 hours before needing to reapply. I do not find that either of these lipsticks stains your lips and when they start wearing off they leave the colour of your natural lip rather than a hint of colour.

Left - Matte Formula in shade 101, Right - Normal Formula in shade 16
Top - matte Formula in shade 101, Bottom - Normal Formula in shade 16

Overall these are one of my favourite drugstore lipsticks and I wear the Matte Shade (101) almost every single day. I find that the colour 101 suits every eyeshadow look and really would look great on all skin tones.  For £5 each they are very affordable and can usually be found on a Boots/Superdrug 3 for 2 deal which is even better! I cannot wait to try out more colours from both of the formulas and I would highly recommend these to anyone! 

11 comments:

  1. Shade 16 looks so pretty :) I love this lipstick range. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them in February or January and since then I really want to purchase a few more of them! They are really fantastic especially these two colours for everyday wear.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colors! They look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gooooorgeous!!!! I remember liking these lipsticks, but it's been a while since I had one! Definitely need to get some more!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelby!
    I have never tried Rimmel lipsticks but the shades you picked look so pretty! Especially n°16 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lucie :D these lipsticks are really great for everyday. The shade in 101 I would say is the most wearable on an everyday basis as it is just a pale pink colour. The shade in 16 does have a slight orange tint to it (not too noticeable but it is there) but that makes it great for the summer months! It looks great with the Rimmel Stay Glossy 3D lip gloss paired over the top of it, which is slightly orange coloured as well with some sparkle.

      Delete
  5. I have one from the regular line of Rimmel lipsticks and I absolutely love it. Definitely gonna try some from their other lines <3
    www.madisonblanding.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I have only tried these two from the Rimmel lipstick collection but I would love to try out others now that I know they are very good. I wonder if the lipsticks are the same in the normal collection these ones were just chosen by Kate :)? Do you have a particular colour that you prefer from the Rimmel lipsticks, I would love to check them out!

      Delete
  6. These colors are definitely beautiful! Thanks for sharing them! <3

    Come Visit Beauty's Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours - I love all of Rimmels lipstick collections! http://rosebeautynow.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a favourite colour from any of the Rimmel Lipsticks? I would love to check it out!

      Delete

UA-51663625-1