Monday, 9 June 2014

L'Oreal Color Riche Eyeshadow Quad (Beige Trench) Review/Swatches

I have previously reviewed the Color Riche eyeshadow quads by L’Oreal and needless to say I was not that impressed by the eyeshadow quad. If you would like to see a full in depth review of the Nude Lingerie palette I will link it here. A few days ago a friend gave me the L’Oreal Color Riche eyeshadow quad in Beige Trench and although I was not expecting a whole lot I was presently surprised. The eyeshadow quad retails for £7.99 in your local Superdrug or Boots.

Eyeshadow look using instructions on back of palette.
L'Oreal Color Riche Eyshadow Quad - Beige Trench
This eyeshadow quad contains four eyeshadows that are very natural and good for everyday. All of the eyeshadows in this palette are very shimmery and provide pretty good pigmentation. I would not say they are as pigmented as my Sleek palettes but they are much better quality than the Nude Lingerie quad that I own. As the shadows are all shimmery I would highly recommend not only using these shadows but incorporating a matte brown shade for the crease, although all of these shadows would be great for the inner corner highlight as well as applying them all over the eyelid.

L'Oreal Color Riche Eyshadow Quad - Beige Trench
L-R (Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right)
The only shadow I was disappointed with in this eyeshadow quad is the grey shadow, which does not swatch true to colour and appears very light when swatched. I guess this could be great for those who want to darken up the outer v without going completely dark but I just expected a much darker colour.

The Color Riche eyeshadow quad range are great for beginners as they give instructions on the back of the palette showing where to place certain colours to create a full eyeshadow look using the palette. I personally do not like the instructions for this eyeshadow quad and I feel that it almost doesn't make sense. I have done my eyeshadow look today following the instructions on the back of the palette and although it does look nice it is not that straight forward for a beginner to understand. I decided to do one eye with no eyeshadow base, and one eye applying the eyeshadows over the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk as a base. I think that both eyes turned out almost exactly the same which is saying a lot about the pigmentation of the eyeshadows.

Eyeshadow instructions
Left Eye - Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk as primer, Right Eye - No base
Left Eye - Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk as primer, Right Eye - No base
Left Eye - Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk as primer, Right Eye - No base
Overall I think this eyeshadow quad is great compared to the Nude Lingerie quad I reviewed previously. The pigmentation is good and very nice when applied over a cream eyeshadow base such as Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk. It is quite disappointing that the quad does not contain a matte colour but most people do have a matte brown in their collection to use in the crease. I also think that the directions are somewhat confusing but if you are willing to spend £8 for the palette (which I feel is a little overpriced) it is of good quality but I much prefer my Sleek palette in terms of pigmentation and colour selection.



5 comments:

  1. These colours look gorgeous, I think. Wearable for every day. Right amount of shimmer too.

    www.lululovesfilms.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this palette is great for everyday, very nice shimmer not too much not too glittery just perfect for everyday. I just think that a matte brown may look better in the crease than the shimmery colours but some are into all shimmer :D.

      Delete
  2. Lovely palette and colors!
    The pigment is very good :)
    Love the eye look you made

    love,
    Karlien
    http://polishedcats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think this is a great palette although I do not recommend the Color Rich Quad in Nude Lingerie the pigmentation just isn't there! For the eyeshadow look I just followed the instructions on the back of the palette but I think you could create quite a few different looks just using this palette.

      Delete
  3. I really like those.. they look lovely! :) xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1