Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Sleek Storm i-Divine Palette - Swatches + Review

Sleek is one of my favourite drugstore brands and I especially love their eyeshadow palettes. These palettes are very affordable and contain 12 different eyeshadows. The palette retails for £7.99 at your local Boots or Superdrug, although you can usually catch this on a 3 for 2 deal at either store. The packaging is very 'sleek' with its black exterior and is small enough to fit in your handbag or travel bag. Today I am going to be reviewing the Sleek i-Divine eyeshadow palette in Storm which I am very surprised I haven't done a review of this already! This is one of my all time favourite palettes of the drugstore and I use it very frequently along with my Original palette which you can find a review for here.

Sleek Storm Palette

The Sleek Storm palette contains 12 eyeshadows that come in matte and shimmer finishes. The palette has a wide variety of somewhat neutral shades including champagne, browns, pink/burgundy's as well as throwing in some green and blue shades so many looks can be achieved by only using this same palette. The one thing that I think sets this palette from other Sleek palettes that I have owned is it contains 2 matte brown shades as well as a matte black shade. These shades I think are essential in creating an eyeshadow look however many of the Sleek palettes do not contain these basic colours. The only thing that I can see that this palette lacks is a matte highlight which I personally prefer a shimmer highlight so this doesn't bother me too much. The packaging also has a strange material similar to the Nars blush packaging where it gets very dirty looking and you cannot clean it. I don't find you can see it in overall lighting but it does not photograph well at all!

Sleek Storm Palette
Sleek Storm Palette
The pigmentation of these eyeshadows is incredible for a drugstore/high-street price. For less than £1 per eyeshadow the colours are very pigmented and very true to the colour. When I swatch the eyeshadows on my hand they look exactly the same as they do in the palette apart from the green shade which I think comes off a little more dark and not so green on the lids. The colours are viberant on the eyelid without a base, but with a base they really pop on your eyelids and will last a much longer time than if you were to use no primer or base. I also love the two matte brown shades for filling in my eyebrows. For my particular hair colour (darker brown/red) I mix the two shades to fill in my complete brow and use the darker shade on its own to fill in any gaps that don't have much hair. 

Swatches of the Storm Palette First 6 swatches are the top row the Final 6 swatches are the Bottom Row
Overall I love this palette and use it everyday for my eyebrows and very frequently for creating my eyeshadow looks. If I were to choose one palette for the rest of my life this would be the palette I would choose. There are so many differnet looks that can be achieved with just this palette by mixing in the colourful eyeshadows to spruce up your eyeshadow as well as neutral colours that can be worn on a day to day basis. The matte black is also great for setting your eyeliner so it stays put all day! This palette would be great for travel as you have many different eyeshadow options and the packaging is very durable with a tight clasp. I would recommend this palette to everyone!


4 comments:

  1. VERY beautiful palette. I have been getting into shimmers and these are gorgeous! Great post love.

    Beauty's Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is by far my favourite palette ever. The colours are gorgeous and they blend together very beautifully. I also love the 2nd colour over on the top row for an inner corner highlight! This palette has a lot of my go-to colours for different reasons!

      Delete
    2. I'd also like to add that if this palette contained the purple shade from the Sleek i-Divine Original palette I could honestly use this palette for the rest of my life with no regrets :)

      Delete
  2. I have this palette and I do like it a lot. I think I need to use it more as I favour other eyeshadow palettes more.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1