Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Vivo Cosmetics - Matte Eyeshadow in Purple Passion

At my local Tesco they sell the Vivo cosmetics brand. The Vivo cosmetics brand is very affordable with their products ranging from £1-8 depending on the product. I have actually never heard of this brand until I stumbled upon it in my local Tesco. As I was looking through the makeup clearance section I noticed that they were selling the Vivo single eyeshadows for around £0.30 each so I decided to pick up the Matte Eyeshadow in Purple Passion (shade 3) which originally retails for £1.50. I assumed that this brand would be similar to the Makeup Academy or Elf brands with low prices but contain hidden gems, but I was wrong.


Now many of you may know that I love wearing purple eyeshadows and in the tin this colour looks very vibrant and straight up my alley. As you can tell from the name the eyeshadow is a Matte formula which the product does not contain any shimmer or glitter. I have had some bad luck with matte eyeshadows in the past so I wasn't expecting that much.


This eyeshadow lacks pigmentation dramatically. The eyeshadow is very powdery so when you swatch it there is just no colour pay off at all. The colour is faintly visible and looks very splotchy and not smooth. I also tried to gently rub the eyeshadow and instantly the entire colour disappeared and it looked like I had applied nothing. I cannot imagine what this would do on your eyes, but I am sure it would smudge or crease in a matter of minutes. I also tried to see if a eyeshadow base would help the eyeshadow appear more vibrant so I used Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk for a base. The colour did show up better, however I would not consider this good pigmentation and is just still lacking the colour pay off you would expect from an eyeshadow.


Although the product is not great, the packaging is very nice and I feel like this would stand up very well if you threw it in your handbag. The lid is attached very secure and it feels very sturdy when you open the packaging. The clasp could be a little stronger but I do not find this is a big issue.

I guess you could deem this down to it is not great because it only costs £1.50 but I have found many makeup products that I have fell in love with from brands like Makeup Academy and ELF that are around the same price point but much better quality. If you are looking for cheaper makeup alternatives they both are great brands to choose from and I would definitely recommend them. I would not suggest any of you try the Matte Eyeshadows from the Vivo cosmetics range but instead save your money for either Makeup Academy or ELF instead.


I am also curious if any of you have tried any products from Vivo cosmetics and what did you think of them? Let me know in the comments below.

8 comments:

  1. Never tried anything but I probably wouldn't bother with any of the eyeshadows after your review!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may just be the matte eyeshadows that are a little under par. I know that mattes are the hardest to pull off without them being powdery etc, so it could just be because of the matte finish.

      Delete
  2. Well, at least it was cheap.

    I heard that purple eyeshadows are one of the trends for this spring :)
    I don't see myself wearing it, only if it's a really light shade.

    http://styleanddelight.pt.to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think purple is a great colour as it compliments every eye colour. You can really dull down a purple shade so it is not so vibrant which is great for everyday wear. Maybe I can try to do a tutorial on a wearable everyday purple look!

      Delete
  3. I bought a white/grey/black palette in the clearance because it was cheap but havent tried it yet, but I'm not holding my breath for any wonders now.

    Stevie
    VintageAndVans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only tried this eyeshadow so it may still be nice. Please let me know how it is once you have given it a try I would love to know!

      Delete
  4. It look really cute. I loved it. :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :/ that color is so gorgeous; it would have been amazing if the formulation was decent!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1