Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Makeup Haul - Boots 3 for 2: Maybelline, Rimmel!

So today I decided to go to Primark and buy my boyfriend some t-shirts when I noticed a Boots sign promoting the 3 for 2 deal across skincare makeup and much more. I couldn't pass this up and had to take advantage of such a good deal! I ended up coming out with 6 beauty items and it come to around £25 which I don’t find too bad. I will be showing you all of the makeup products I purchased today and will review each product separately throughout the next few weeks once I try them out. If you have ever used any of these products I would love to know what you think of them!


The first thing I picked up was the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. I have seen quite a few reviews of this gel eyeliner and it seems like the majority of people do indeed like it so I decided to give it a try. I have only ever used the ELF gel eyeliners before and was not that impressed so I decided to give gel eyeliner another try and go with the Maybelline brand. I purchased the shade 01 Intense Black so it would be a colour I could wear everyday.


The next thing I bought was the Maybelline Colour Sensational Shine Gloss. I have reviewed a different Maybelline Lipgloss which you can find here where I mentioned I don’t typically like lip glosses because I find that they are sticky. This brand is not sticky in the slightest and is the only one that I have found that I enjoy. I picked up the shade Pink Shock which is a bright pink shade which I think I will get a lot of wear out of!


I have also been hearing a lot about the Maybelline Falsies Volum’ Express Mascara. I myself like a wearable foundation that doesn't get clumpy so I decided to go for this one. IT is in the Flared version in the colour Black. I haven’t actually tried many Maybelline mascaras so I will let you know how I get on with this.


Many of you know that I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoo’s so I decided to pick up the shade in Everlasting Navy. This shade is a dark blue shade which I think is gorgeous. I myself like bold dramatic eyeshadow looks so using this under eyeshadows will really make them pop! I can’t wait to use this.


The final two things I bought were the Kate lipsticks by Rimmel. One of them is in the red packaging and one is in the black. I am actually not sure the difference but I really liked both of the shades I picked up. One is a wearable everyday pink that isn't to bright in the shade 101, and the other is a brighter pink that I think is still wearable and it is in the shade 16. I have never tried the Kate lipsticks before so I can’t wait to give them a try especially since they are meant to be Long Lasting.




That was all of the things I picked up from my local Boots. Boots does have the 3 for 2 sale amongst all cosmetics/eyelashes/skincare and much more so head down to your local boots and check it out! I did wan’t some more Sleek palettes and blushes but my local Boot’s does not carry the Sleek brand so I will have to wait until Superdrug also has the deal. If you have tried any of these products let me know what you think of them!

20 comments:

  1. The lipsticks in the red packaging are the matte shades from the Kate range :)

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that makes sense thanks for letting me know! I love both of the colours and they look awesome on the lips so far I am very pleased :)

      Delete
  2. The lipgloss looks gorgeous x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kate lipsticks are pretty good! I get about 5 hours of wear out of the red one that I own and 3 out of the nude colour. Plus, I found that both the normal and matte formulas aren't super drying. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't actually realise that the red tubes were matte shades! I tried it on today without realizing and I didn't find it drying in the slightest which is great! I love that they do stay on for awhile maybe not all day but enough so you aren't reapplying every hour to touch up!

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to a review on the liner! I have been wanting to try a gel one - I need to go get a brush like yours.

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maybelline gel eyeliner comes with the little brush as well! I actually used it as soon as I got home and it apply so nicely. I am not sure on the wear of it but it is very smooth in texture and one coat is very opaque. So far I am really liking it but I will need to try it out before I can do a full review on it.

      Delete
  5. lovely haul <3

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swatches! I'd love to see swatches and your review on the gel liner (I've also only tried the E.L.F. Gel Liner, I wasn't very impressed either) and the Kate lipsticks because I was looking to get them but not sure.. Also I think you'll like the mascara, I use to swear by their One by One mascara, then their Mega Lash Blast, but now I can't stop using Falsies! I use the waterproof formula, how's the flared version?
    I'd just love to hear reviews on all of it! You write great reviews. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ELF eyeliners are just so dry when you receive them. The Maybelline gel eyeliner is actually like a mousse texture and when you stick your brush in it, it actually goes into the product instead of rubbing it. I will definitely get a review up as soon as possible but I need to play around with them a little first. For first impressions I really do like everything that I have purchased and I am extremely happy with the gel eyeliner. I will let you know when I do the reviews!

      Delete
  7. I love the Kate lipsticks! I have it in a tangerine shade and its one of my favorites. The colors you picked out are cute, I am definitely going to go purchase a couple more tubes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out the tangerine shade nearer to summer because I think that would look beautiful! Let me know which tubes you end up choosing maybe you will push me to also buy more :D!

      Delete
  8. Looking forward to reading a review on the lipsticks - i was going to buy one myself the other day, but i'll wait for your review first haha! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get it up as soon as I can! I really do love them on first impressions but obviously I have only worn them once so I still need to play around with them. The lasting power lasted around 4 hours with the red tube'd mascara so I think that is pretty good!

      Delete
  9. Looks like a great haul. The Falsies isn't the right mascara for me but I do like the Rocket and the Colossal Smokey eyes mascaras by Maybelline. The Color Tattoos are awesome as are the Kate lippies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul!! The maybelline lip gloss looks so pretty!!! And I absolutely love the color tattoos! I've been afraid to go for the really dark colors but I bet you can get a beautiful sultry look- I'd love to see how you wear your new navy shade! Thanks for sharing :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the packaging of the Maybelline eyeliner. Hey cool post. * follower, love it if you followed me. http://reneehartsthis.blogspot.com.au/
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great makeups! Love them all!

    Keep in touch on BLOGLOVIN

    Love,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh lovely picks, I've heard great things about the Maybelline eyeliner and lip glosses I'm so proud I've resisted the 3 for 2 :D x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1