Thursday, 6 March 2014

Eyes Lips Face (ELF) All Over Cover Sticks - Review + Swatches

I love affordable makeup as much as anyone else and it is great when you can find products that actually work well. Elf is one of my favourite affordable brands and I have tried a lot of their products. Many Elf products are very hit and miss where you will either love the product or completely hate it, which I have had experiences with both. The product retails for $1 in the US or £1.50 in the UK and can be purchased on the ELF website or in a US drugstore such as Target.

Today I will be reviewing the ELF All Over Cover Stick’s which I have actually owned 3 different shades. The all over cover sticks come in two variety’s, in lips/cheek type colours range with pink shades and it also comes in concealer shades. I have owned both the lips and cheek type colours as well as my concealer colour and I have to say that I am not too pleased with this product. For this review I will be showing the shade Lilac Petal as this is the only one I can find. I may have even thrown out the other two that I owned because I was not a big fan of this product.



The first thing I notice when I open the product is the strong scent it has. It almost smells like oranges or some type of fruit and the scent is extremely strong.  I do like this scent, however for a face product I do not really fancy having scented products as they tend to irritate or break out my skin. This is just my experience with this product but it did in fact break out my skin, but this is obviously just my personal experience so this may not happen with you.


The product is very pigmented and does show up when you use it on your cheeks and lips. I however do not really like the coverage the concealer gives over blemishes and other imperfections on the skin. The concealer easily wears off and does not last very long at all.  The cheek/lip products do wear pretty decently, but last especially long if you apply a powder blush over the top.  These blushes do give a dewy glow to the skin so a highlighter would not be necessary.


The packaging of these products doesn't feel the greatest. The lid comes off fairly easy so I would not trust something like this in the bottom of my purse in case it got over everything.  The product twists up which is a great feature for this type of product but it is very tough to actually twist the container. The product also does not go down very far when the product is twisted to the bottom like how a lipstick would so again this is not a great item to have in your purse or when you are travelling.



Overall I am not the biggest fan of these All Over Cover Sticks from ELF, but although it did not work out for me it could indeed work out for you. Not only did they break out my skin but I do not find that the lasting power is that great either, especially from the concealer. The product has great pigmentation and will show up on your cheeks/lips but if you set it with a powder it will have a much longer lasting time. If this product did not break out my skin I think I would actually enjoy the product so it is all just personal preference.  But honestly I think this is one of those products that you would need to try out for yourself and see how the product works for you. 

8 comments:

  1. I love Elf so much! And this products besides being affordable is also very practical. Maybe I'll give it a try next time I buy things from there.

    http://styleanddelight.pt.to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though it didn't work out for me I still think it is a good product in general. My only problem with it is that it broke me out so for obvious reasons I will not continue to use it, but I do have very acne prone skin so that is most likely the reason why. I hope if you try this out it works good for you :)

      Delete
  2. I have the concealer stick from Elf, and I must say I'm really happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of this, shame about the actual product though! Great review :)
    Bana xoxo
    http://poppylilybeauty.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hate it when a product causes me breakouts! I've experienced this even with high end products and it makes me sooo sad :( Very informative post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! Informative and entertaining :)

    elfinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got this in pink lemonade awhile back and it seriously does have such a strong scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do smell lovely but I don't know if I actually like that much scent on a face product, so afraid it will break me out!

      Delete

UA-51663625-1