Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Sally Hanson Magnetic Nail Polish - Cosmic Blue

Yesterday I decided to head to my local PoundWorld and I obviously checked out the beauty section. Amongst my search I found a great deal on the Sally Hansen Magnetic nail polish at only £1! I decided to pick up the diagonal design in the shade Cosmic Blue.


When I got home and opened the package I noticed that the nail polish was normal on the bottom but on the very top of the lid it looked like a little square which is the magnet. I thought the magnet was part of the cap for the nail polish but I was wrong as the top part comes off completely and underneath has the normal handle for a nail polish.



So I had never tried a magnetic nail polish previously so I wasn’t exactly sure of the whole process but I just painted a quite thick layer onto my nails to start. I then grabbed the magnet portion which I then noticed had a little notch on the top which you are meant to place touching your finger below your nail. This acts as a barrier so that the magnet will not touch your nail polish but instead hover over the top.


So I placed the magnet over the top of my nail making sure to press firmly on the portion touching my nail and held it there for around 5 seconds and when I lifted up the magnet and the results were amazing! It almost looks like you have done blue nail polish and then used a striper in silver to stripe your nails but much better! I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this but I also find that when I move my nail forward and backwards the line of silver actually moves up and down the nail. I am unsure why this happens but it does give a really cool effect.



After applying the nail polish to all of my other fingers I did actually notice that the process was much easier with one thin layer of nail polish instead of a thick gloopy layer. Also make sure that you only do use one layer because the polish needs to be wet while applying the magnet over the top so the particles can rise. I also love this polish as I have trouble doing nail art on my right hand as I am right handed, but I am able to still get a cool effect with this magnetic nail polish even on my right hand! This polish is great for people like me who tend to smudge my nail polish because this nail polish only took around 3 minutes to fully dry! And I can honestly say that after doing all of my 10 nails I actually smudged 0 of them :D, I did get a chip in one though because I bit my finger nail…




At PoundWorld they had many other colours and designs such as silvers and purples etc. I would also assume that you could use any of the magnetic designs on any of the Sally Hansen nail polishes so if you can find a few different colours in different designs you can easily switch them up for different designs! I love this nail polish and have been very pleased with it so if you would love to try out this nail polish too check your local PoundWorld first and see if you can catch a great deal too! 

13 comments:

  1. Oh those look so fun! I need to get my self some of those!

    Oh yeah, I mentioned you again in Valentines look (:
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get myself some more of these as well :D I would love a purple shade but I really would like to buy each one for the separate design so then I can switch them between the polishes which I think would be great. Thank you for the mention :) your Valentines Day makeup was gorgeous for any of you who are interested you can find Jessica's makeup tutorial here.

      Delete
  2. I noticed that BarryM do these and I was intrigued by them. I think the effect looks pretty nice but I wasn't in love with any of the styles so I didn't go for them. But for £1 that's a pretty good deal, and the effect does look really nice! I'll have to nip into poundworld at some point and have a look about.

    Angels of Arcadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have known about the magnetic polishes for awhile but I never really settled on one because I wasn't sure how it would look on the nails and I didn't want to spend around £5 just to test it out so I was really glad when I stumbled upon these on PoundWorld! I honestly didn't think it would work but I was pretty happy with how they turned out, now I want more colours and styles :D

      Delete
  3. I love magnetic polishes and for me best ones are from Barry M :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time trying magnetic nail polish so next maybe I will check out the Barry M ones :) Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  4. That polish looks so cute!
    -Magenta xxx
    http://lovinglouboutins.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour and the effect, so interesting!

    The Beauty Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great nails, love your blog :)
    regina-rosecoxen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This nail polish has a very interesting effect, it reminds me outer space ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just gave me a great idea, I bet this would look great with a glitter polish over the top of it with little silver glitters which could act as stars :D Maybe I will give that a try sometime and I will let you know how it goes!

      Delete

UA-51663625-1