Friday, 14 February 2014

Rimmel Apocalips - Out of This World

A couple of months ago I got my hands on the all too well known Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers. The Apocalips lip lacquers are claimed to be the intense rich colour of a lipstick with a satin smooth shine. These can be found in your local drugstore and retail for around £6 which is not too unreasonable for a drugstore lip product. The Apocalips range also offers 13 different colours to choose from varying from very natural nude shades to pinks and even dark reds and plums so there is bound to be a colour that suits you!

I picked up the colour Out of This World which is a great pinkish red shade. It does contain shimmer and gives a very nice glossy finish to the lips. I think this colour would be great for those of you who want an everyday lip colour but do not tend to go for nude shades. I have also been eyeing Luna which is a great almost nude peach shade which would also be great for everyday wear if any of you are interested. 

Rimmel Apocalips in the shade Out of This World
Now let’s get onto the product formula. The formula is the consistency of a gloss and as many of you know I am not the biggest fan of gloss products. The reason behind this is that I do not like the feeling of sticky lip products on my lips, which these lacquers are not sticky in the slightest but almost remind me of a liquid on my lips almost a runny feeling. The colour that transfers onto your lips is very pigmented and you only need one coat for a fully opaque lip colour. I find that once you apply the product it does almost set into your lips and kind of dries on the lips. Once it dries it stays on your lips for a good few hours before ever needing to reapply.


The wand of this lip lacquer is also unusual as it is almost like a doe foot applicator but has a little hole in the centre of it. This is great because a lot of product builds up in the hole and when you apply the product you can do both your top and bottom lip without needing to dip the applicator back into the lacquer for more product. Obviously this is not a game breaker for other lip lacquers but it does make it a lot easier and faster to apply the product.


Now I am not a huge fan of lip products and I tend to have very sensitive lips. I find that if you do have overly chapped lips this product will cling onto those dry patches which does not look good so make sure to exfoliate your lips before you apply! I actually have a review of a great facial loofah that would be great for exfoliating you can check it out here. I also find that these lip lacquers can actually feel quite drying on the lips. Not overly drying like a matte lipstick would but they just don’t feel very creamy.  When you rub your lips together it kind of hurts my lips so I usually apply a gloss over the top once the lip lacquer has set. This may just happen to me because I have very sensitive lips but I thought it may be useful to share.




Not only do I love this product but I’m sure all of you love how they cleverly used the name Apocalips and even the names of the colours are great as well. I love that they have such a great colour selection that anyone can find the shade they are looking for. The product is great if you do not want to touch up your lips for a long time but feel free to use a gloss over the top if you find it a little drying. For the price of these lips lacquers you are definitely getting a great deal and I would recommend these to anyone!

10 comments:

  1. I adore this formula, I've got lots of the colors and keep going back to them :o). This looks stunning on you :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shade in Luna and I hope that I will get that soon :) What colour is your favourite?

      Delete
  2. I still haven't tried this yet
    http://followeroffashionn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a pretty color with just the right amount of shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love this shade and it looks so nice on, thats where some products have their downfall, really suits you this colour

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the review and swatches! x

    P.S. I am hosting a giveaway and hope you can enter - if you like the prize, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted to try this for ages and I will definitely have to buy some next time i'm out and about! Great post and blog!

    www.girlonthemoon.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this lip lacquer in Big Bang, and the pigmentation is just amazing!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks absolutely gorgeous! I've not tried any of the Apocolips yet... I will need to soon after reading this! :) Beautiful colour as well.

    Ellis - Ellis Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a really great colour as it is a little bit of a red/pink shade but I have also been wanting the shade Luna which is almost a natural orange type colour which would be great for summer!

      Delete

UA-51663625-1