Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Gradient Blue Eyeliner Tutorial - Coastal Scents 88 palette

Since I reviewed my Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette yesterday I decided to use this palette to create a different look for you all. I decided to do a blue gradient eyeliner tutorial. I only used my Coastal Scents eyeshadow palette to create this look so if you do not own this palette don’t worry, just use similar colours that you have in your collection! You can also change this tutorial to a different colour other than blue but just use the same gradient of colour for each step (eg. Light blue change to light purple, darker blue to darker purple etc).


To start off this gradient eyeliner I decided to use my MUA Intense Liner in Royal Blue. This step is not mandatory but it will make the blue colours pop and become more vibrant than if you were to use no base.  You do not have to line your eye perfectly and don’t worry if it is not straight because we will be covering this with the eyeshadow. I decided to wing out this eyeliner so I did extend the blue line into a ‘wing’ shape on the outer corners.



Next I applied the light blue shade marked number 1 in the Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette on the inner half of the eyeliner. The colour that I used is a little dark for a ‘light’ shade so if you would like your gradient to start very light and gradually get dark choose a lighter colour for the inner part.



Next I used a dark blue shade marked number 2 in the Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette on the middle part of my eyeliner. Try to focus this colour just in the middle and not to extend it too far towards the outer half of your eye because we will be placing another colour there. Make sure to blend this colour into the last colour we applied so it has a nice transition between the two.



Next I used a dark purple shade marked number 3 in the Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette on the outer half of the eyeliner. Do not bring this colour too close to the middle of the eyeliner because you don’t want to cover up the last colour we placed. Make sure to blendt his colour into the previous colour we applied so it has a nice transition between the two.



Finally I took a black shade marked number 4 in the Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette and used this to wing out my eyeliner. I first created the wing and then blended it very carefully into the purple that we laid down in the previous step. Be very careful not to bring this too far in because we only want this to show up as the wing and very little on the actual eyeliner.




This gradient eyeliner is great and can be applied using different colours and could even blend two colours together! I love the finish product and I think it would look great on anyone. If you would like to spice up the eyes you could also place a matte medium brown shade in the crease to give a little definition. A highlight could also be placed under the brow bone and in the inner corner to brighten up the eyes. If you recreate this look I would love to see it and let me know how it goes!

11 comments:

  1. You really are an expert on makeup!
    Thanks for following my blog on Bloglovin. I follow you immediately too!!
    Kisses,
    Eni K.

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eniwhere-Fashion/495867350525920

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooo cool! I want to try something like this!!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute!

    xx

    http://iseybeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovingggggg this bright liner look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ombre look of this - so cute xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great pallet I love the blue eye shadow really beautiful Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! I wish I wasn't so nearsighted! :P Unfortunately lining my eyes is not my strong suit. I also have weirdly shaped eyes, I look rather... "off", when I try to line the whole lid. Hrmm. Looks lovely on you though!

    http://jennificient.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wear glasses too whenever I leave the house. I also am near-sighted but probably not as bad as it doesn't bother me in the house but outside it gets pretty bad. Even though I do wear my glasses I still like to jazz up the eyes a little even if it is only for my pleasure :)

      Delete
  8. Your eyes look amazing and that gorgeous colour really pops!

    www.lululovesfilms.wordpress.com
    www.myfamilyandabruzzo.com

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1