Monday, 24 February 2014

Coastal Scents 88 Palette - Review/Swatches

One of my favourite eyeshadow palettes to use is my Coastal Scent 88 eyeshadow palette. This palette contains 88 small eyeshadows around the size of a US dime or a UK 5p piece. This palette allows you to experiment with different colours and shades without breaking the bank as the palette only costs around $20. You can usually find these 88 palettes on a special deal where you can buy multiple palettes for a cheaper cost on the Coastal Scents website. I personally bought all of my palettes on Black Friday and managed to get all four 88 palettes for around $30 so it was a great deal!



The palette contains a bunch of different colours including orange, green, blue, purple, pink, red, and neutral colours. Since the palette is so cheap I feel that this is more targeted towards beginners in makeup so you can experiment with all of the different colours and create eyeshadow looks. The pigmentation of these products is actually pretty decent which you can see from the swatches below. Some of the other 88 palettes that I own do not have that great of pigmentation, but I find that around 80% of these colours are very pigmented on the first swatch and find that only the neutral shadows are a little less pigmented. I am not sure why the neutral shades are less pigmented as there is a whole 88 palette dedicated to neutral eyeshadows that has good pigmentation as well. I actually have a review and swatches of the Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette which you can find here. Swatches of the Coastal Scents 88 palette can be seen below:


Column 1

Column 2

Column 3

Column 4

Column 5

Column 6

Column 7

Column 8

Column 9

Column 10

Column 11

Overall I think the Coastal Scents 88 palette is great for those of you who want to experiment with colour for a cheap price or for a beginner that does not have a wide collection yet. The pigmentation of this palette is great for the price point and considering you get so many different colours to play around with. If you can catch these on a great deal I think they are amazing and would recommend you to give them a try! 

14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this palette before but I think it's a lovely idea to have such a variety of colours! Especially love column 9 x

    Hannah @ FashionistaDigital

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this palette and if you do not have a big eyeshadow collection it is definitely a good one to have! I love wearing bright fun colours so I get a lot of wear out of it. The column 9 does have extremely pretty shades but I am not quite sure how to wear those as of yet but maybe I will have to experiment a little more!

      Delete
  2. You worked really hard on this post and the swatches are fantastic. I dont own this palette as I do prefer more neutral colours but it does look beautiful.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coastal Scents has an 88 palette with all neutral colours called the Warm palette. Maybe that one would suit you better :)?

      Delete
  3. Hi Shelby thank you for following me on Bloglovin'. I am your new follower! . My friend has this palette and it's really good. I wanna get one my own.

    Have a good day! Xoxo.

    http://daniaandjason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great swatches! I'm definitely going to look into this palette! <3
    Jessica || theduffy101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have many different palettes with different colours and themes. I own this palette, the Shimmer, Warm and Metal Mania palette and I would say this one I get the most wear out of.

      Delete
  5. I always think that I really really really want one of these palettes... but then again, I tend to always reach for the basic neutral browns when doing my eye makeup. :P I'd love to wear more colors, but I feel my eyeglasses kind of take the joy out of that. Considering how affordable this palette is however, it might be worth looking into... I'm surprised by how pigmented those shades look to be! Thank you so much for the review!

    http://jennificient.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is actually a Coastal Scents Warm 88 palette which is filled with neutral colours. I actually have swatches of that one as well which can be found here.

      Delete
  6. I have the Coastal Scents Warm 88 palette and looooove it! I wear colors I never would have otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that palette and I do love it but I am a very big 'colour eyeshadow' person so I don't tend to use it as much as this palette :) It does contain some beautiful shades though for everyday wear!

      Delete
  7. Some of those color are really bright. Reminds me of spring.

    Please feel free to visit my blog and forum. You can talk a little about your blog and share on my forum. My forum is new but it will allow others to find out about your blog too. You can actually post your blog stuff under the blog section. If you scroll to the very end of the forum you will see the title BLOG. Please share my blog and forum with others. You as well can post about any other topics of interest you might have under different sections in the forum.
    All you need is an email or you can sign up using Facebook.

    Here is the direct link to my blog http://lusciouslivingtoday.com/

    Here is the direct link to my forum http://forums.lusciouslivingtoday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. In love with this review because of the swatch pictures. AMAZING job. And I'm definitely either gonna get a palette like this from Coastal Scents or BH Cosmetics. But which one to get? I want a mix of neutrals I know I'll use everyday and some fun brights to mess around with. This one definitely looks like what I need(:
    www.madisonblanding.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suggest that if you would like a mix of colours and neutrals this is probably the palette to get. The other palettes that I have are either fully neutral or fully coloured so this one has a great mix of both.

      Delete

UA-51663625-1