Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Botanics Facial Loofas - Exfoliating

In England although it is not that cold of a winter, I tend to get very dry skin on my face like I am sure many others struggle with as well. This can cause problems when applying my liquid foundation as most foundations will cling to the dry patches making them very obvious and almost scaly.  I have purchased a few exfoliating scrubs but I find that the amount of exfoliating beads in the product is simply not enough to get rid of my dry skin patches. I personally get very dry on my forehead and between my eyebrows the worst, so when I apply my foundation normally the rest of my face is fine but when I apply it to my forehead It looks very scaly and not blended well.

One day I was browsing the Boots website and stumbled across a facial loofah from the brand Botanics. The product claims to remove dead skin cells resulting in fresh, clean and smooth skin. The package that you purchase contains 5 loofahs inside which means you should be able to use this kit for a few weeks depending on how often you would change your loofah. The product is meant for daily use which means that you should probably change these around once every week if you exfoliate on a regular basis, but of course you can change this as often as you feel is necessary.


Now I was a little confused of this product because I expected the package to be quite thick and contain 5 thicker loofahs but instead when I opened the package each loofah was a little thicker than a piece of paper which I found very strange. You are told to soak the facial loofah under warm water, and once I had done this the loofah grew rapidly until it was around a half an inch thick. Once the loofah has enlarged you can apply your daily cleanser on the loofah and rub your face with the loofah in small circular motions to exfoliate.
Loofah that comes in the package - dry
Loofah that comes in the package - after it has been soaked in warm water
Difference between the unused Loofah and once soaked
Now as I stated before I have tried many exfoliators and none of them had worked very well for me, but this loofah has changed the way my skin feels and honestly makes it so much easier to apply my foundation on a daily basis. I love that you can use this every day without any irritation but it does remove many of the dry patches on my face. Once I am finished using the exfoliator with my cleanser, I run the water over my face and it feels so smooth and silky which is a great feeling when you are used to dry skin. I don’t experience any redness on my face after using the exfoliating loofah so this should be fine to use in the morning without having redness around your face.


What is also great about this product is it retails for only £2.75 for the package containing 5 loofahs! This in my opinion is a steal and is great that the product will last for a decent amount of time but still be affordable. This is by far my favourite way to exfoliate my skin and I have tried brands that cost much more than £3 that just didn't do the job for me, but these loofahs work perfectly to leave your skin smooth and silky and I would recommend them to anyone with dry skin!

10 comments:

  1. These are such a bargain, might have to pop down to boots tomorrow!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They work perfectly and the price is amazing for how well they do the job!

      Delete
  2. I have oily/combination skin but sometimes get dry skin along my jawline so these sound great
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you didn't want to do this to the whole face you can instead use it in specific areas on your face that do have the dry skin :) It should work great! :D I usually focus on my forehead the most as that is where I tend to get dry.

      Delete
  3. I love the Botanics loofahs, they do such a great job <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fab post doll, you have a really great blog :) I've used these in the past (from The Body Shop though) - so useful for quick exfoliation and so cheap! :)x

    The Belle Narrative - Enter my fabulous MAC Makeup Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. These loofah's sound awesome. Don't think I've ever thought of using a face loofah before but I'm definitely going to try since like you said exfoliaters can get rather pricey. Lovely review :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love that if you have acne prone skin or even sensitive skin you don't actulaly have to use an ex foliating cream which could bother some peoples skin, but instead you just use a loofah! It's great when you put your cleanser on the loofah as you only need to do only one step!

      Delete
  6. These sound nice! I love a food facial exfoliator.
    Kallie @ But First Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I`ll definitely give this a try. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award, here are the details: http://sowhatsfashionabout.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award-4.html

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1