Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Sleek i-Divine Original Palette - Swatches + Review

Since I have been loving my Sleek palettes and using them quite frequently in my eyeshadow tutorials, I decided to give you a review of the i-Divine Original palette along with some swatches! This palette can be purchased within the UK at drugstores such as Superdrug or Boots, but if you live outside of the UK you can probably find this on Amazon. This palette retails for around £7.99 in the UK, but you can usually get these on a 3 for 2 sale at either Boots or Superdrug, which makes the price considerably less.



Sleek is a very popular brand in the UK and is known for their very pigmented products. I had always assumed that the palettes would be just like the pigmentation of MUA or other types of palettes that I had owned, but boy was I wrong. Even if you do not use a primer underneath, these eyeshadows are extremely pigmented and you only need a little bit. This is great as you are not scraping out the product just to get the colour to show up on your eyes. When you do apply a primer underneath it makes all of the eyeshadows pop and makes them much more vibrant than if you didn't use a primer/base.

Top row: L-R. The swatch on the left is without a base, on the right is with Nyx Jumbo Pencil - Milk underneath.
Bottom row: L-R. The swatch on the left is without a base, on the right is with Nyx Jumbo Pencil - Milk underneath.
As you can see in my swatches below I have swatched on the left the colour without a base, and on the right a swatch over the Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk, so you can really see the difference when a base is used. I feel that the base makes a bigger difference on the darker colours rather than on the lighter colours. The eyeshadows are not powdery and do not give you fallout under your eyes when you apply them. I have used this eyeshadow palette in my New Years Eve tutorial if you are interested in seeing a full eyeshadow look using these colours.

Overall this is just a great palette to own, especially if you love coloured eyeshadows! The pigmentation is fantastic and the price is reasonable for such high quality eyeshadows. If you already have cheaper eyeshadows in your collection and are contemplating whether or not to buy a Sleek palette, I would say go for it as you won't regret it and you won't look back!

9 comments:

  1. Looks good! I really like my respect and sunset palette's from sleek. Amazing colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen those 2 palettes before, but I have just Googled them and they look amazing! I assume you are a fan of wearing coloured eyeshadows too ;)? I just wish it was easier for other country's to get a hold of the Sleek palettes because they're so great.

      -Shelby

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any Sleek eyeshadows before, but I love their blushes!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to give them a try they are fantastic! I have never tried their blushers before, how do you find that they are? I am very pale and I have heard that like their eyeshadows, their blushes are very pigmented as well so it kind of scares me that it will look clownish.

      -Shelby

      Delete
  3. This is one of the Sleek palettes I own and it is so amazing! I am so impressed with Sleek shadows. Great post Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome swatches dear ....Such a tempting palette ! I'm surely going to try this one
    Kisses
    http://beautyndbest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to just have to go and get all the Sleek palettes. They're just so good, such great value for money as well. Great swatches! I think I'm going to have to go out and get a Milk Jumbo Pencil as well, it brings out the colours so much better. What a great post :)

    Angels of Arcadia

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours look so gorgeous!
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :)
    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not got this one think it may be the next purchase I have au naturel and storm

    Carrieanne xx
    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1