Friday, 31 January 2014

OOTD - Plaid and Leggings

So for any of you that don't know OOTD stands for Outfit of the Day which is what I will be showing you today along with my makeup! I haven't actually done a fashion post yet on this blog and I would say that my style is very much comfortable but still cute.



Outfit:

Today I am just staying in around the house so I decided to pair my blue/grey plaid top with some leggings! The plaid top is from Select in the UK and I absolutely love it. I bought this a few years ago so I doubt they still have it in store but I'm sure you can find similar plaid tops around stores near you. It is a button up top with a sinch at the waist which is great for creating a more hour glass type figure. The top is long enough to wear with leggings and does cover your bottom so it is great!

Underneath the plaid top I am wearing an Aeropostale camisole in a light grey colour, which I usually wear just because I tend to get cold so layers are great to keep warm in the winter months. I wear these camisoles nearly every single day and I love them so you should all check them out!

For my leggings I think I also bought these from select and they are meant to look like jeans. So they are a light blue colour with back pockets and a button in the front. I personally love wearing leggings and find them super comfortable to wear everyday and they are a big fashion staple in the UK.

For shoes I am wearing my Converse shoes in black with glitter. I bought these in November and haven't really wanted to wear them out recently as it has been super rainy and wet here in England and I am a little paranoid about the glitter coming off because of the rain. I know that some people don't actually like the look of converse paired with leggings but I love them together.

Who doesn't love a good pyjama test shot before getting dressed :D!



Makeup:

For my makeup today I decided to do a natural eye with dark black liner and a red lip, classic I know! I actually never wear a red lip or even wear no eyeshadow and just eyeliner so this was a big change to my makeup routine and I really quite like it! For my face I used Loreal's True Match foundation in Ivory along with my MUA setting powder in Shade 1. This is my daily foundation routine and I use these 2 products every single day.

 For my cheeks I used ELF All Over Color Stick in Lilac Petal which is a creamy blush, and I topped this with my powder blush in Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in Live Pink. I layered a powder over the cream just so the colour lasts all day and I wanted to add a little shine to my cheeks so instead of a highlighter I find the Rimmel blush gives a nice glow to my cheeks.

For my eyes I used my MUA Intense Colour Eyeliner in Jet Black which I absolutely love and lined my upper lash line as well as my waterline on the bottom. I set this with a black shadow from my Sleek iDivine palette in Storm. Finally I curled my lashes and applied 2 coats of my MUA Lash Boom mascara, which I am really loving at the moment.

For my lips I decided to use a few different colours to create a somewhat ombre effect giving the outter lips a deeper colour than the center. To create this I used Rimmel Lasting Finish LIpstick in Temptation on the outer lips and used Maybelline Lipstick in Petal on the center of the lips. I also used a tiny bit of  Nyx Round Lipstick in Opal and rubbed my finger into the product and dabbed this into the center to give it a glow! I love this effect with the ombre lip and think it is a great change to just using a normal lipstick.

Hair:
For my hair I didn't really do anything special and just put it in a high ponytail which is my favourite. I did use a little Tresseme hair spray to smooth down a few flyaway hairs near the actual ponytail but the rest is just my natural hair texture.

13 comments:

  1. I love, love, love those leggings! I have a fair amount of leggings as well, though I don't have any like those and now I need them. They look so snug, flattering and comfy! I tend not to wear my leggings too much at this time of year though because it's just too cold :( Great post and awesome OOTD. Your makeup looks lovely as well :)

    Angels of Arcadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing these on days where I don't just feel like wearing traditional black leggings. I like that they do look like jeans so it almost tones down whichever outfit I pair them with. I agree it is normally a bit chilly for leggings this time of year, but since I had nowhere to go it worked out perfectly :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, it is always nice to try something different and out of your comfort zone :) It may just surprise you like this did me ;D

      Delete
  3. Cute outfit , your makeup is flawless xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you are SO pretty! Cute outfit and OMG makeup perfection!!!!! You look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) I had a really good makeup day that day normally it doesn't come out that great :P Especially the eyeliner, usually it is all jagged or one wing is longer than the other by far. But that day everything just fell into place.

      Delete
  5. You look fab hun, and I LOVE the converse/leggings combo personally :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that converse/leggings is somewhat controversial but I personally really like the look and I love that it makes it more casual. I feel that when you wear nice boots or flats with leggings it almost dresses up the outfit, and sometimes I just want to be comfy and casual :) But I do love wearing some boots with my leggings as well!

      Delete
  6. I love the outfit and oh my gosh your makeup! ♥ I gave you a shout out along with another piece of my art! I hope you enjoy and thanks for the support! ♥ (: -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the shout out, that wasn't my intention I just really love seeing peoples artwork :) it really inspires me as I do enjoy doing graphic design so its great to see some new pieces. I honestly was having a really great makeup day that day! It doesn't always turn out that good :P especially the eyeliner!

      Delete
  7. Hi! thx for the follow. I followed you too. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1