Thursday, 9 January 2014

Nail Polish of the Day - Elf Dark Navy

I know I have been missing recently and a few of you are probably wondering why, but I came down with a bad case of the flu on Monday which is why I have not been able to post. Regular posting will start again from today. Because I have just gotten over being sick I decided to lift myself up by doing my nails with a new nail polish. Today I decided to use Elf nail polish in Dark Navy. I would also like to say that I am not the best at painting my nail polish, and am by no means an expert at doing my nails, so excuse the little bits of paint that got on my skin.


This colour is a beautiful dark blue that almost looks black when you are not under direct light. Under the light the nail polish reflects green red and blue sparkles within the nail polish and gives it a really pretty effect. The nail polish is very pigmented and you could probably get away with only 1 coat if you were in a hurry. Just to be safe I like to use two coats of the polish just in case I have missed a section. The nail polish does not streak and is very opaque. The drying time is amazing as it will fully dry within around a minute or two. This is great for impatient people like me who usually end up smudging or ruining your beautiful nail polish within the first 5 minutes of doing them.

2 Coats of Elf Dark Navy nail polish
The picture is a little blurry but really shows the sparkles within the nail polish

These nail polishes can be bought in Target in the US or on the Elf or Amazon website and they retail for around £1 or $1 depending on where you live. I believe this is a great price for a nail polish that is so pigmented and only requires 1 coat to be super opaque with a very fast drying time. I also own another Elf nail polish called Golden Goddess and I find the same properties applies with this nail polish as well. I would recommend this colours to anyone who wants a cheaper nail polish that is streak free and opaque with a quick drying time!

1 comment:

  1. This nail polish looks great, loving dark colours right now!

    Greetings from London,

    chrissabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1