Monday, 6 January 2014

Makeup Academy (MUA) - Hide & Conceal Stick

Now most of you have probably figured out that I really like the Makeup Academy (MUA) brand a lot, but there are some products that I have tried that haven’t really worked out for me. One of these products is the MUA Hide & Conceal concealer stick. Let me be totally honest, this concealer is horrible. I hate it more than any other concealer stick I have ever tried, and I have definitely tried quite a few.


The pigmentation is terrible, when you rub it on your skin it looks promising but if you even touch the product with your finger or a brush it instantly disappears into thin air. I have tried doing different methods with this product like tapping it in instead of rubbing and nothing works. I have also tried using this with different brushes and the same thing happens where it just disappears as though you never put on any concealer to begin with.



Although this is a cheap product and some of you may be saying well... Shelby this was only a £1 you get what you pay for, but the MUA brand has many excellent products for the same cost. Because of this I had great expectations for the product and was extremely let down by how little pigmentation the product has, especially for a product that is meant to conceal blemishes or imperfections.


This concealer costs £1 at your local Superdrug or can be found on the MUA website but your money would be spent better on the eyeliners or the powder blushes as they are amazing for the same price, reviews of these can be found on my blog, I will link them below. Even though this post is viewing MUA in a negative light, I really do like many of the products in the brand and would recommend most of their products to you, but this is just not one of them.

Other Makeup Academy (MUA) Blog Posts



8 comments:

  1. oh no, its always so annoying when a product does work, no matter how in-expensive it is!
    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had such high expectations which is probably why I was so let down even though it was only £1.

      -Shelby

      Delete
  2. Sorry its a bummer. But I still enjoyed reading it bc we don't have MUA over here so I love seeing what they have. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun seeing what other brands and makeup products they have in other countries. America usually sees some makeup products before we get them here in the UK and it is very exciting to learn what is new :)

      -Shelby

      Delete
  3. I used to use this all the time! Great product xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how different people prefer different types of products! I think this happens especially on face products as everyone has different skin types and I think that makes a huge difference in what people prefer!

      -Shelby

      Delete
  4. Hello. i think u have very inspiring blog here , good fun reading it.Would be really cool if we follow each other. Let me know xxx
    http://babyemilycloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the warning, I've never tried MUA so i'll stay clear of their concealer!

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1