Sunday, 12 January 2014

Blog Makeover!

When I started my blog I decided to use just a normal template that come with Blogger, but I knew eventually I wanted to create my own background and header that would be personalized to me. As some of you may know I am a Computer Science graduate and thus I know a little bit about creating websites and graphic design. Because of this I decided to makeover my blog and create a custom banner and background for my website using Adobe Illustrator which I hope you all enjoy.

I am not sure if many of you know the meaning or reasoning behind the name Bittersweet Shelby, but it arrived from the League of Legends character Bittersweet Lulu. I am a massive gamer and I love playing League of Legends and found Lulu to be my favourite character and thus I had to name my blog with her character in mind. I even decided to use her character as inspiration for my cartoon character on my header but added little hints of “Shelby” by adding a makeup brush and palette instead of her candy cane and cupcake she normally carries. Even if you have never played the game previously the cartoon character I have created is just a girly cartoon girl holding her makeup which is very reflective of me and what I enjoy most.

I would really love to hear some constructive criticism from you all on what you like about the new website look and if you would like anything changed etc. I can and will make changes if they would help the look and feel of the website and am looking for any suggestions on how I can improve my blog. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you all enjoy the new blog makeover!


-Shelby

3 comments:

  1. I really like it! I think the little makeup palette she's holding is an awesome touch. I main support in LoL and Lulu is one of my favourite supports. Bittersweet Lulu was also the first Lulu skin I got :)

    Angels of Arcadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I main support on League of Legends also :) Lulu is definitely my favourite although I'm starting to try out other support champions and the Bittersweet lulu skin is so cute! I love the little cupcake she turns people into when they get polymorphed.

      -Shelby
      http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
    2. My favourite Lulu skin is Winter Wonderland Lulu, I got it as soon as it came out. The poro! My favourite support is Nami, thought I haven't been playing her a lot recently. I also love Taric. Because gems are fabulous. :)

      Delete

UA-51663625-1