Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Turquoise Blue Eye Tutorial

Today I decided to create a turquoise blue eye tutorial look. I personally love wearing colourful eyeshadows on an everyday bases, but why not try something a little outside your comfort zone if you are used to wearing natural eyeshadow. For this look I used the Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette which is full of different colourful eyeshadows as well as neutrals. This palette can be purchased off of the Coastal Scents website or off Amazon for around £20/$20. For this tutorial I only used 1 fluffy brush to create this look, and between colours I would wipe the brush on a cotton pad.

To start off this look I primed my eyes using Maybelline’s Color Tattoo in Turquoise Forever. Next I used 1 from the palette which is a slightly shimmery light blue colour, and packed this on the inner 1/3 of my eyelid. Next I used 2 from the palette which is a light blue much more shimmery than the first eyeshadow, on the rest of the eyelid and blended it into the first colour I applied.




 Then I used 3 which is a matte darker blue, and applied this throughout the crease and blended it towards my brow bone. Make sure you spend a lot of time on this step as it is important to blend out the look or else it will have a harsh line. Finally I used number 4 which is a dark matte green colour on the outer v. If you are unsure where the outer v is, it is on the outer corners of your crease and a tiny bit onto your eyelid which would create a sideways v shape. Instead of using a shimmery white for the inner corner highlight I decided to use the shimmery blue shade marked 2 in the palette, which I was very pleased with.




 To finish the look I used MUA’s intense colour eyeliner in jet black. I then curled my lashes with just a cheap eyelash curler I bought from Primark, and applied a few coats of Maybelline’s define-a-lash mascara.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colorful look that really brings out your eyes! Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue is my favourite colour so im instantly drawn to anything blue! I love the subtle transition in blues! :)
    Ellie, xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love wearing blue eyeshadows, I think this look would look great with your blue eyes :)

      -Shelby

      Delete

UA-51663625-1