Friday, 6 December 2013

Natural Eye Tutorial - 88 Warm Palette

Today I wanted to do a natural eye look and decided to share it with all of you. I decided to use my Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette. This palette can be purchased from the Coastal Scents website or on Amazon for around £20/$20. Even if you do not own this palette you can use similar colours to create the same effect. Before I get into the tutorial I wanted to mention that I only used a fluffy eyeshadow brush to create this look. Before switching to different eyeshadows I would wipe the brush on a little cotton pad to remove most of the colour on the brush. 

 Before starting the eyeshadow I first applied a tiny bit of Maybelline colour tattoo in ‘On and On Bronze’ all over the eyelid. Next I used the shadow marked 1 in the palette. This shade is a shimmery champagne colour which I applied only on my eyelids. Do not bring this shade into your crease. Next I used 2 in the palette, which is a light matte orangey brown colour. I used this as a transition colour so that when I start to add a darker colour to the crease it blends more smoothly.  


Next I applied 3 in the palette all over my crease making sure to blend it into the previous colour we have just used in the crease. Ensure that you take enough time on this step because you want the crease eyeshadow to be blended out and not so harsh. Finally I applied 4 in the palette just to the outer edges of the eyes in the crease and a little on the outer eyelid. This is mainly to darken the look and give it a more gradient effect. I then used 5 in the palette to create a highlight on the inner corners of my eyes. This makes your eyes appear brighter and more awake, but this is an optional step.




































To finish the eye look I used MUA’s intense colour eye liner in jet black, and used it very thinly on the lash line, and also in the waterline. For mascara I used MUA’s extreme volume mascara on the top and bottom lashes. 

2 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous look!! Are the coastal scent shadows any good? They are so affordable. we've had our eyes on them for some time

    http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own 4 of the different coastal scent eyeshadow palettes. I would say the Warm Palette is the best for people who like a natural look, but if your looking to experiment with colour the others are very good as well. The pigmentation can be hit and miss, but I find with a good base (such as Maybelline's Colour Tattoos or Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils) the colours do show up very well. For the price I think they are definitely worth it.

      Delete

UA-51663625-1