Monday, 23 December 2013

DIY - How to Depot NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

For today’s blog post I thought it would be nice to share how I depot my NYX Jumbo Eye pencils. This blog post will not contain a review of the jumbo pencils, but if you would like me to do a full review please let me know in the comments! You can purchase these jumbo pencils online at Amazon for around $5, I am not actually sure if you can pick these up in drugstores in the US but they are not available in the UK. I currently own 3 of the NYX eyeshadows Milk, Yogurt, and Iced Mocha and I love them; but they are a pain to use when you don’t have the correct sharpener! To avoid this mishap I have decided to depot 2 of my NYX eyeshadows as I have used them until the point is gone and the rest of the product is inside the pencil (I do not have a NYX jumbo pencil sharpener).

For this DIY you will need a NYX jumbo eye pencil, a hair blow dryer, a container to put the product inside, and something to hold the pencil so you don’t burn yourself such as pliers. Make sure you use a container that has a good lid. Also if you are worried about making a mess, it would be useful to have a newspaper or something to put under your container in case something spills.























First you need to remove the lid on the pencil and set it aside. Next you need to break off the bottom of the pencil. This can be very difficult so I recommend using pliers.




Once you break off the cap at the bottom a little product may stick out but that is ok. Next grab your container and take off the lid and put it aside. Then grab the jumbo pencil with your pliers and place it vertically over the container you have just opened. Make sure that the bottom of the pencil that we just broke off is facing downwards. The pencil should be about an inch higher than the lid. With your other hand grab your hair drier and turn it on low speed with a high heat and aim it at the middle to bottom portion of the pencil. Keep moving the hair drier back and forth over the pencil and you will eventually see the product melt down into the container. This process can take quite a while between 5-10 minutes so be patient.




Once the product starts dripping down, you know if you have the entire product when you can look through the inside of the pencil and see through it. Once the pencil has fully melted out, set the container aside to let it cool. Once cooled, you can use a brush or your finger to apply the product to the eye or any other area.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha depotted.







12 comments:

  1. that's very cool, and looks great! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post!! I had no idea you needed a special sharpener and have had to deal with using up the point of my nyx shadow pencils but now I know what to do, so thank you very much! :D

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that I helped you :) Those pencils are very annoying when you don't have the right sharpener, that is why this is a great tip!

      -Shelby

      Delete
  3. This is such an awesome idea and it looks like it's so easy! I'll surely try this with my own eye pencils :)

    http://makingthingsalive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly the whole process only takes 5-10 minutes and its SUPER easy, I would definitely recommend trying it :).

      Delete
  4. This is really helpful! I can't seem to sharpen my pencil shadows well!
    Happy Holidays!
    xoxo,

    berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could do this with other eye pencils from different brands, but you may need to melt it off the tip if the bottom doesn't come off.

      Delete
  5. Gold idea! Thanksssss darling

    Http://vickypinar.blogs.elle.es

    ReplyDelete

UA-51663625-1