Tuesday, 31 December 2013

December Favourites 2013 - Beauty

I hope you all have a wonderful New Years Eve and I wish you all the best in the new year! Today’s blog post will not be a review but a few of my favourite things in the month of December 2013. This month I really tried to switch out my normal everyday products and instead finding the older makeup that had been lost in my collection and I discovered a few new favourites that replaced my old daily makeup essentials. This blog post will not be an in depth review of each product but a mini review and why I have been loving them!

December Favourites 2013






















December Favourites 2013


I will start with my holy grail foundation. Many bloggers and YouTube beauty videos have talked about the 
L’Oreal True Match foundation, but this is honestly the best foundation I have ever tried. It is very light but I find that if you have a good concealer it makes all the difference!

The next thing is my Max Factor Facefinity Compact Foundation. This shade is obviously too dark for my skin tone but what I love is that I can use this as a bronzer. I am sure some of you ladies out there have very pale skin and find it difficult to find a bronzer that is good for contouring without looking muddy. Using a face powder a few shades darker than your skin tone can be the perfect bronzer! This tip can be used on darker skin tones as well but I find it particularly useful for people with very pale skin.


L-R - Max Factor Foundation (Sand), L'Oreal True Match Foundation (Ivory), MUA Matte Lipstick (Wild Berry),
Nyx Round Lipstick Pumpkin Pie)


I have never been a big fan of lipsticks, even though they are probably the most thing I have in my collection but this month I have been using Nyx Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie which is a very neutral colour which I find is not too pale. I have also been loving the MUA Matte Lipstick in Wild Berry for a deeper lip colour. If you would like to hear a more in depth review on these lipsticks you can check out my reviews on the Nyx Round Lipsticks and the MUA Matte Lipsticks.

L-R - L'Oreal True Match Foundation (Ivory), MUA Lipstick (Wild Berry), Nyx Lipstick (Pumpkin Pie),
Maybelline Colour Tattoo (Turquoise Forever) 


For blush I am normally one who likes the pinker toned blushes, but this month I decided to branch out and use a rose coloured blush which is Rimmel’s Pink Rose. Honestly I never really use this blush normally but I found it buried at the back of my blushes and decided to give it a try and it just gives you a nice natural rosey look to your cheeks.

This month I have also loved highlighting my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose with Elf Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Luminance.  This highlighter is great and provides you with a nice glow around the face without being shimmery and looks very natural. If you would like to hear more about this product you can check out my blog post on the Healthy Glow Bronzing Powders by ELF.

L-R - Rimmel Blush (Pink Rose), Elf Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder (Luminance),
Bottom Row - MUA Eyeliner (Jet Black)


For my eyeshadow base I have loved using Maybelline’s 24hr Colour Tattoo in Turquoise Forever. This is the best blue eyeshadow base and I have found that it looks nice under green eyeshadows which I have been doing a lot this month in order to be festive for Christmas. The colour is very pigmented and it the colour is great! If you would like to hear more about this product you can check out my review on the Maybelline 24hr ColourTattoos.


Finally I have been using the MUA Colour Intense Eyeliner in Jet Black, and I just have to say this eyeliner is AMAZING. I have used this eyeliner every single day without fail, as you can see by how short my pencil has gotten. I have only had this eyeliner for around a month and it is nearly half gone. It is so creamy and has great pigmentation. I set this with some black powder and it honestly lasts all day without touch-ups. If you would ilke to hear more about this product you can check out my review on the MUA Colour Intense Eyeliners

Swatches of December Favourites - 1. Max Factor Foundation (Sand), 2. Rimmel Blush (Pink Rose), 3. Elf Bronzing Powder (Luminance), 4. Maybelline Colour Tattoo (Turquoise Forever), 5. Nyx Round Lipstick ( Pumpkin Pie),
6. MUA Matte Lipstick (Wild Berry).

3 comments:

  1. I love the Loreal foundation too!
    majotron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!
    I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoo’s. I have the colour Inked in Pink.
    It is the prettiest eyeshadow colour ever!

    Check out my blog & maybe give me a follow:
    http://theteenfashionblogger.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried the colour tattoo in Inked in Pink, maybe I should try this out :) Do you only use pink tones over the top or do you use any other colours as well?

      -Shelby

      Delete

UA-51663625-1